So I appear to have finally lost my blogging virginity! To be honest it has been a long time coming.
I can hear you wondering about the name. ‘5 pillars and 6 colours?’ What is it about? Well, that’s easy. 5 pillars are in relation to the pillars of Islam:
1. Shahadah – Declaration of faith. “I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad (pbuh) is his messenger.
2. Salah – Prayer. 5 times a day in Sunni Islam.
3. Zakah – Alms giving. A purification of wealth.
4. Sawn – Fasting. To not eat during daylight hours. This is done to express gratitude to Allah and to remind us as to why we give money to those less fortunate than ourselves.
5. Hajj – Pilgrimage. This is done at least once in Muslims lifetime if they are physically and financially able to do so.
These pillars are different in Shi’a Islam with respect to the Twelvers and Ismaili sects.
And the 6 colours? Well, brace yourself. This may shock you. 😛
The 6 colours are in reference to the rainbow; specifically the rainbow on the Pride flag… In all its LGBTQI (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer and Intersex) glory! 😀
1. Red – Life
2. Orange – Healing
3. Yellow – Sunlight
4. Green – Nature
5. Royal Blue – Harmony
6. Purple – Spirit
A Muslim who identifies as LGBTQI. An interesting mix don’t you think? Let’s see if you can guess which in the spectrum I identify as…
Note: Unfortunately as much as I would love to I cannot take the credit for the name of this blog as it was actually my friend, Loverdose88 who came up with it. She made me write this. I was happy taking the credit. 😛